In this guide, we will focus on how to block First Bank account.
There are many instances where you would want to block your bank account and we will cover those in subsequent sections in this article.
Table of Contents
Why would you want to block your FirstBank account?
Blocking your First Bank Nigeria account may not be a decision you take lightly, but sometimes it becomes necessary.
There could be several reasons for wanting to block your account, such as:
- Lost or stolen ATM card or mobile banking device
- Unauthorized access to your account
- Suspected fraudulent activities
- Temporary suspension due to suspicious transactions
No matter the reason, blocking your account ensures the safety and security of your funds.
How to block your First Bank account
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to block your First Bank Nigeria account, here are the steps you can follow:
- Contact First Bank Nigeria immediately: You can call their customer service helpline or visit your nearest branch to report the issue and request for your account to be blocked.
- Provide necessary information: Be prepared to provide your account details, such as your account number, full name, and any other information that may be required to verify your identity.
- Follow the instructions: Once you have reported the issue, the customer service representative will guide you through the necessary steps to block your account.
- Secure your personal information: It is important to change your passwords and PINs for any related accounts or services to prevent unauthorized access.
What happens after blocking your bank account In Nigeria?
Blocking your First Bank Nigeria account does not mean that your funds are lost forever. Here’s what usually happens after blocking your account:
- Investigation: First Bank Nigeria will conduct an investigation to determine the nature of the issue and verify the authenticity of your claim.
- Temporary hold: While the investigation is ongoing, your account may be temporarily put on hold to prevent any further unauthorized transactions.
- Resolution: Once the investigation is completed, First Bank Nigeria will take the necessary actions to resolve the issue, which may include providing you with a new account or reactivating your existing account.
- Stay updated: It is important to stay in touch with First Bank Nigeria throughout the process for any updates or additional information they may require from you.
Remember, blocking your First Bank Nigeria account is a precautionary measure to protect your funds. It is always advisable to keep an eye on your account activity and report any suspicious transactions immediately.